- Like every other Nuzlocke, if any Pokemon faints, it is to be considered dead and must be released / permanently boxed.
- Unlike other Nuzlockes, due to the limited number of Pokemon available in-game, all Pokemon may be captured.
- However, a Shadow Pokemon may only have one capture attempt (ie. one battle in which it appears). If this attempt fails, it may not be caught.
- Pokemon that faint during arena battles where Pokemon are healed after every battle are excluded from the first rule, as there is no interval of time where they can be released / box before the next battle begins.
- Pokemon may only be purified if they are ready to open their hearts. Use of the Time Flute is prohibited. Likewise, items that would speed up this process such as Cologne are also prohibited. All reduction of the shadow gauge must be done in battle.
- Healing items, including HP, PP and status restoratives are allowed, both inside of battle and outside.
- Once purified, every Pokemon must be nicknamed. This is to affirm stronger relationships between the trainer and their Pokemon.
- Revives may be used, but only immediately following the death of a Pokemon and only ones found in-game. Revives must not be bought from Marts.